In this section
WIC Health Assistant in Hancock County
HHWP CAC is seeking two Health Assistants to be a part of our Women’s Infants and Children’s (WIC) program in Hancock County. These positions are part-time, working either 19 or 21 hours per week. The hourly rate of pay for the positions is $15.38 - $20.00/hour. The benefits package includes holiday pay, Paid Time Off, and a retirement plan with an employer match.
- Assists WIC participants through the eligibility process, clerical office duties, and clinical health screenings.
- Completes anthropometric (body) and hematological measurements of women, infants, and children by WIC policy and procedures.
- Completes receptionist duties including but not limited to answering phones, greeting participants, and maintaining accurate participant records, files, and reports.· Promotes and represents overall program goals, including functioning as part of the Breastfeeding Support Team.
- Attends outreach activities to recruit clients and other WIC events as determined necessary by the supervisor.
- Provides coverage at our other WIC clinics within Hardin and Putnam counties as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Application Process
- Education - High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-year minimum of office, customer service, and multi-phone line experience.
- Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of computer operations. Ability to multitask effectively.
- Must be sensitive and able to work with the needs of low-income individuals and individuals of all cultural backgrounds
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as required by funding source and Agency policy
- Must have a valid Ohio Drivers License, reliable transportation, and maintain a state minimum amount of automobile liability coverage
Applications must be completed along with a letter of interest and resume. Applications may be obtained online at www.hhwpcac.com or HHWP CAC. Applications can be mailed or dropped off at the main CAC office at 1637 Tiffin Ave. Findlay. Additional information may be obtained by calling Britta Niese at 419-423-3755.