Head Start Preschool
Head Start is an income based, free, family-focused preschool program. We accept children ages three to five years old - including children with special needs.
Head Start provides comprehensive services to help prepare children for Kindergarten. Children receive educational services, family support, nutritious snacks & meals, health screenings, and mental health services.
Family Support Specialists work with families to develop and achieve family goals, while teachers supply school readiness skills such as language development, math & science activities, and creative arts.
Head Start thrives on parent involvement. Whether it is volunteering in the classroom, attending parent group, or participating in Policy Council, volunteering helps strengthen your relationship with your child as well as contribute to your child's overall development.
To see some of the fun learning activities that take place in the classrooms, check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hhwpcac.
Our school year currently runs from August to May and we offer both full and half day classes.
Head Start is always taking applications, year round, but please apply early as classrooms fill up quickly. A limited number of higher income children can be served each year, so all should apply. Special needs children are also encouraged to apply.
To find out more information on our program, click on our Parent Handbook. There you will find a list of locations, daily activities, and much more.
Winfield/Findlay Head Start
545 Winfield Ave., Findlay OH, 45840
(419) 423-3147 ext. 1002 or 1003
Kenton Head Start
10702 US Highway 68, Kenton OH 43326-9206
Upper Sandusky Head Start
559 S. Warpole St., Upper Sandusky OH 43351
Angeline Head Start
11028 County Highway 44, Upper Sandusky OH 43351-9056
Putnam Head Start
1205 E. Third St., Ottawa OH 45875
HHWP Community Action Commission
1637 Tiffin Avenue, Findlay OH 45840
(419) 423-3755 ext. 162
Are you looking for volunteer opportunities?
Please contact Head Start to learn how you or your organization can get involved!
Closings and Delay Information
To receive text messages about weather related delays and cancellations for your child’s Head Start classroom, please complete the following:
- Log on to http://gofindlay.com
- Follow the instructions to receive text messages and/or e-mail alerts
- Select a Head Start location under section 5a.
- You will receive an authorization code which may take up to 5 minutes to receive. Follow the instructions to enter the code to finish set up.
Text alerts are free however standard data and message rates may apply.
- Our most recent Head Start Annual Report (2019-20)
- Ohio Head Start Association http://ohsai.org
- National Head Start Association http://www.nhsa.org/
- Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center http://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/hslc
- Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services http://www.acf.hhs.gov/
- IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) Parent Guide http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Special-Education/Whose-IDEA-Is-This-A-Parent-s-Guide-to-the-Individ
- Ohio Pupil Transportation (Ohio Department of Education) http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Finance-and-Funding/School-Transportation