In this section
WIC Dietician/Coordinator in Putnam County
HHWP CAC is seeking a WIC Coordinator to be a part of our Women’s Infants and Children’s (WIC) program in Hardin County.
This position is part-time, working 25 hrs/week, Monday-Wednesday. The rate of pay for this position is $21.15-$29.43/hour depending on education and experience.
- Coordinates and supervises all aspects of clinic operations according to Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and Agency policies and procedures. Performs duties of a WIC Health Professional as scheduled and Health Assistant duties as needed.
- Provides individualized nutrition assessment, counseling, and education to participants, and prescribes tailored food packages.
- Refers participants to other health and social services and provides appropriate follow-up to referrals.
- Supervises assigned WIC Health Assistants at the site, including orienting new staff and monitoring/evaluating staff performance.
- Maintains accurate participant records including the Nutrition Care Plan, Welcome to WIC, and other records as needed.
- Maintain monthly and quarterly program activity reports and caseload management.
- Provides breastfeeding support and assistance.
Minimum Requirements and Application Process
- Must be an Ohio Licensed Dietitian (preferred), a Dietetic Technician by the Ohio Board of Dietetics, or a Registered Nurse licensed to practice in Ohio.
- Working knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office software.
- Must have counseling and public speaking skills.
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as specified by the funding source and Agency policy that may include but are not limited to background screening, drug/alcohol screening, employment physicals, etc.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license, reliable transportation, and maintain minimum auto liability insurance.
Applications must be completed along with a letter of interest and resume. Applications may be obtained online at www.hhwpcac.com or at HHWP CAC. Completed application packages can be mailed or dropped off at the main CAC office located at 1637 Tiffin Ave. Findlay. Additional information may be obtained by calling Britta Niese at 419-423-3755.